Lambeth Council have teamed up with the Eat Them to Defeat Them campaign, Brixton BID and the Brixton Market Traders Federation to host a free family fun day in Windrush Square and throughoutBrixton’s markets. Families will be invited to come along on Saturday 6 April to join the fun, catch some veg and eat them. The day is aimed at 7-11 year olds but children of all ages are welcome.
- Veg Hunt – find the veg hidden in the market
- Games & fun – with a chance to win prizes
- Arts & crafts – decorate your own face masks
- Green Grocer Groaners – collect the terrible veg jokes from stall holders
- Peep hole pics – put your face through the cut out for a great selfie
- Challenge our experts – ask them any veg cooking questions
- Poster competition – winning entries from the Lambeth schools veggie poster competition
- Schools competition – announcing the winner of the schools veggie campaign
- Veggies bites – free lunch for the kids
- Veggie vouchers – vouchers for kids to get free veg to take home and cook
- Veggie party – a grand finale party with live music
Stallholders, store owners and traders we need your help. If you sell vegetables, you can join the fun and help us increase vegetable sales and earn extra money from our veggie vouchers. If you don’tsell veggies, we still need your support to encourage families to come back to the market. We’ll all
be helping to make the kids of Lambeth healthier and happier as they need to eat more veg.
BEFORE THE DAY
We’ll give you a poster to put up telling people about the Veg Invasion family fun day, please remind families and hand out our flyers to those with kids.
ON THE DAY (veg sellers only)
- On the day we’ll be handing out up to 1,000 vouchers for £1.50 each which can only bespent in veg in the market on 6 April. The families will bring these vouchers only to participating businesses to buy veg. Please support these vouchers and then swap them with us for cash on the Monday morning.
- We’ll give you a sign to put up on your stall or shop which tells people that you are participating. The signs include buttons kids can press to hear jokes. The kids will be encouraged to look out for the buttons while they are going around the market.
- We have a stylish Eat Them to Defeat Them chef’s apron for every participating stall holder.AFTER THE EVENT
Brixton kids are being challenged to make their own vegetables poster. The winner will beannounced on the day and their poster displayed across their Lambeth. We’ll give you one ofthe winning posters to display for a week or two after the event
Please contact us by 22 March if you wish to participate
email email@example.com with your name and stall/store location
Please support us to bring more people to the market and improve the health and wellbeing of Lambeth’s kids by putting up a poster or two – email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to help.